Paul M. Smola D.C.
Doctor of Chiropractic / Clinic Director
• Chiropractor for more than 23 years
• 1995 graduate of New York Chiropractic College
• Opened Smola Chiropractic in 1996
• Co-owner AWAKEN Optimal Health est. 2018
• Member of Pennsylvania Chiropractic Association
• Certified in FAKTR (a dynamic instrument assisted technique to treat soft tissue injuries- fascia, muscles, tendons and ligaments)
• He continues to further educate himself in the areas of neurology, orthopedics, sports injuries, musculoskeletal problems, posture, nutrition and anti-aging. This allows him to always stay current on the latest treatments to help his patients.
• He focuses on detecting the true origin of patient’s pain/ symptoms and then correcting the
problem rather than just treating the symptoms.
• He uses a holistic approach to the treatment of various problems from the head to the feet.
• He likes to integrate chiropractic care with physiotherapy modalities such as ultrasound and
muscle stim, manual therapies, massage, nutrition, stress management and therapeutic exercises to achieve faster recovery for his patients.
• He feels that a TEAM approach under one roof combining chiropractic care with massage
therapists and nutritionists is most beneficial to patient care and patient convenience.
• He works hand in hand, when necessary, with other health care professional such as PCPs,
Physiatrists, Neurologists, Orthopedists and Neurosurgeons. He feels that patients benefit the most when health care professionals can work together.
• He prides himself in providing the highest quality current state of the art gentle care to every patient every single day. That starts with being a “Good Listener” to each patient.
• He practices what he preaches and feels that when a patient comes in for care it is nothing more than a picture of his lifestyle.
• He is a family man. Spending time with his family is of great importance to him.
• Hobbies: family time, fishing, golfing, exercise, college football, college basketball